|Title||Associate Clinical Professor|
|School||University of California, San Diego|
|Address||200 W. Arbor Drive #8897|
CA San Diego 92103
- Seek role of urinary protein abnormalities (Tamm Horsfall Protein) in kidney stone disease.
- Determine genetic causes of kidney stone disease.
- Create a radiation free kidney stone center that provides novel, minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Current Project Titles
- Molecular Biology
- Structural Biology
- The Role of Tamm-Horsfall Protein in Urinary Stone Disease- a clinical investigation using HPLC, size exclusion chromotography, and mass spectrometry.
- Genome Wide Association studies (GWAS) in Kidney Stone Disease
Dr. Sur is a American Board of Urology Certified urologist who is Director of the UCSD Comprehensive Kidney Stone Center. He completed an Endourology Society Fellowship at Duke University Medical Center training under a world renowned kidney stone specialist.
Dr. Sur seeks to bring a world class kidney stone center to the SouthWest United States that will focus on surgical treatment, medical prevention, and research into causes of kidney stones. It is the only center of its kind here in Southern California dedicated to patients suffering from kidney stones.
Additionally, having performed more than 100 robotic cases, Dr. Sur also brings a wealth of experience to patients seeking robotic surgery. He served 15 years active duty as a Naval Physician in numerous overseas deployments and currently is a Reservist at Naval Medical Center San Diego. Dr. Sur is not only an Associate Professor of Surgery at UCSD, but also an Associate Professor of Surgery at the military medical school USUHS (Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences).
Dr. Sur has published numerous manuscripts and books and serves as the course director for teaching biostatistics at the annual American Urological Association Basic Science course. His other strong interest is teaching Evidence-based Medicine while serving on the the International Evidence Based Urology (EBU) Working Group.
Read about five ways to prevent kidney stones
Derived automatically from this person's publications.
People in Profiles who have published with this person.
People who share similar concepts with this person.
People whose addresses are nearby this person.